Are you serious about securing a great job or internship in the United States as an international student? The International Advantage program is ready to help! Getting international students noticed and hired is what we do! You're in good hands: we've been doing this for awhile.
In this course you will learn data driven and tested job search strategies that were specially designed to tilt the balance in favor of international students who seek U.S jobs or internships:
By taking this course you will learn:
- How to utilize an our 4-step job search process (this is your HW) that was specially designed to help international students secure U.S jobs. The main goal of this course is to help you succeed in implementing each one of the 4 steps so you can beat sponsorship challenges
- How to address the typical "we don't sponsor challenge" that typically impacts the chances of securing a great job in the U.S as an international student
- How to identify your unique competitive advantages as a job seeker (and highlight strengths that you have, and Americans don't) by using our own ISEL job search framework. (* ISEL stands for I = Interests, S, Skills, E, Experiences, L = Languages)
- How to identify areas of demand that are important for international students from any major to target because of the low supply of American workers
- How to leverage the benefits of H-1B visa program now that President Trump is in power and it has gotten harder for international students to find U.S employment
- How to identify firms that sponsor if your specific field of interest by using a little creativity and the power of the web
- How to use your unique personal story - with the help of the ISEL framework - to effortlessly to get noticed while networking and interviewing
- How to write a winning email every time, even when you are not confident about your English language skills
- How to manage your conversations with U.S hiring managers and new networking contacts, so you always impress and become someone people like, respect, and want to recommend to jobs
- And much, much more ...
The sooner you understand what you need to do to secure quality jobs in the U.S in your field, the better your chances of getting hired. Act with a sense of urgency, and start now.
Founder, The International Advantage
Lucky me! My university, Texas Christian University, hires Marcelo to work one-on-one with international students. I'm at Microsoft now! Guess why?
- Vanessa Contreras, Solution Specialist, Microsoft
Been a HUGE fan awhile! The International Advantage provides international students with the clarity we need to secure quality jobs in the U.S.
- Abdul Shariq, Quantitative Consultant, Loomis, Sayles & Company
A must for ambitious, globally minded job seekers, who want to get hired.
- Mauricio Lopez, Senior Human Resources Manager, Johnson & Johnson
Super honest, creative, and effective. Marcelo's know-how is a game changer for international students worried about sponsorship.
- Nell Hall, HR Talent Development, Pitney Bowes
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 and J-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros innovative work has been featured by Forbes, Bloomberg, American Marketing Association, University World News, TheMuse, BusinessBecause, Vault and several other publications, and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities. Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, and Georgetown, for example, partner with Barros to give their international students an extra push to help them get noticed and hired. Connect with Barros via LinkedIn to learn more about his work and future projects.
Consider taking this course because:
1. You value our experience. In 2020 alone we have already worked with over 1,500 international students. We know the details of the profile of international students who are successful because we study them carefully. This kind of data informs the recommendations we provide you for you to get hired.
2. You're proactive. Are you the type of person who waits until the last minute to take action, or are you the type who plans ahead so you maximize your opportunities for success? It's never too early to take this course.
2. You value our innovation. You will learn specific International Advantage job search frameworks and concepts that tilt the balance in your favor of international students. These are proven techniques we share with students we work with.
3. You trust our expertise. Before signing up for this course, do your research! For example, check out The International Advantage book reviews on Amazon if you have not done so yet. Also, Google "The International Advantage".
4. You want a great job in the U.S, but feel stuck. Beat visa odds and maximize your chances of securing job offers in your field. "Unstuck" yourself, become a superior job seeker, and impress your prospective employers in ways your competition can't.
StartChapter 1 - Get the Most Out of Career Services (5:22)
StartChapter 2 - What Employers Think of International Students (6:27)
StartChapter 3 - It's Great To Be an International STEM Major (4:42)
StartChapter 4 - The Impact of Culture (5:57)
StartChapter 5 - Become a Global Networker (6:33)
StartChapter 6 - Share Your Story (8:15)
PreviewChapter 7 - Proving You Fit Plus More (8:36)
StartChapter 8 - Social Savviness (9:36)
StartChapter 9 - Develop Great Communication Skills With OK English (6:54)
StartChapter 10 - Job Search Strategies You Must Use (17:40)
StartChapter 11 - Choose the Right Company Targets (25:58)
StartChapter 12 - The Big Bad Visa Chapter Under Trump (6:38)
StartChapter 13 - Interviewing On Your Terms (6:34)
StartChapter 14 - What's Happening Near You (7:18)
StartChapter 15 - The Greatest Gift of All: Become Bi-Cultural (5:39)
StartHomework - 4- STEP Get Hired Formula (14:23)