Getting international students noticed and hired is what we do! You're in good hands: we've been doing this for awhile, and we've helped international students like you secure jobs and internships at top firms such as Google, Microsoft, Tesla, Netflix, Cummins, and many other firms. This job search course is for you if you are an ambitious and mature international student (F-`1 visa) seeking jobs or internships in the U.S via OPT, CPT or H-1B. Let us be your guide!
In this course you will learn data driven and tested job search strategies that were specially designed to tilt the balance in favor of international students who seek U.S jobs or internships:
By taking this course you will learn:
- How to utilize our 4-step job search process (this is your HW) that was specially designed to help international students secure U.S jobs. The goal of this course is to help you succeed in implementing each one of the 4 steps so you can beat sponsorship challenges and get hired
- How to address the typical "we don't sponsor challenge" that typically impacts the chances of securing a great job in the U.S as an international student
- How to identify your unique competitive advantages as a job seeker (and highlight strengths that you have, and Americans don't) by using our own ISEL job search framework. (* ISEL stands for I = Interests, S, Skills, E, Experiences, L = Languages)
- How to identify areas of demand that are important for international students from any major to target because of the low supply of American workers
- How to leverage the benefits of H-1B visa program now that it has gotten harder for international students to find U.S employment due to COVID and Trump policies
- How to identify firms that sponsor if your specific field of interest by using a little creativity and the power of the web
- How to manage your conversations with U.S hiring managers and new networking contacts, so you always impress and become someone people like, respect, and want to recommend to jobs
- And much, much more ...
The sooner you understand what you need to do to secure quality jobs in the U.S in your field, the better your chances of getting hired. Act with a sense of urgency, and start now.
Founder, The International Advantage
Lucky me! My university, Texas Christian University, hires Marcelo to work one-on-one with international students. I'm at Microsoft now! Guess why?
- Vanessa Contreras, Solution Specialist, Microsoft
LISTEN TO THESE VIDEO TESTIMONIALS
Been a HUGE fan awhile! The International Advantage provides international students with the clarity we need to secure quality jobs in the U.S.
- Abdul Shariq, Quantitative Consultant, Loomis, Sayles & Company
A must for ambitious, globally minded job seekers, who want to get hired.
- Mauricio Lopez, Senior Human Resources Manager, Johnson & Johnson
Super honest, creative, and effective. Marcelo's know-how is a game changer for international students worried about sponsorship.
- Nell Hall, HR Talent Development, Pitney Bowes
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a renowned job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S via OPT and H-1B.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros innovative and results driven work has been featured by publications such as Forbes, Business Week, France National TV, The National Law Review, etc, and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities, and which served as the foundation for this video course. Top universities in the U.S such as Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Brown, Georgetown, and many others hire The International Advantage to give their international students the extra edge they need to get noticed and hired in a tough job market that is mostly anti international student. Connect with Barros via LinkedIn to learn more about his work and future projects.
StartChapter 1 - Get the Most Out of Career Services (5:22)
StartChapter 2 - What Employers Think of International Students (6:27)
StartChapter 3 - It's Great To Be an International STEM Major (4:42)
StartChapter 4 - The Impact of Culture (5:57)
StartChapter 5 - Become a Global Networker (6:33)
StartChapter 6 - Share Your Story (8:15)
PreviewChapter 7 - Proving You Fit Plus More (8:36)
StartChapter 8 - Social Savviness (9:36)
StartChapter 9 - Develop Great Communication Skills With OK English (6:54)
StartChapter 10 - Job Search Strategies You Must Use (17:40)
StartChapter 11 - Choose the Right Company Targets (25:58)
StartChapter 12 - The Big Bad Visa Chapter Under Trump (6:38)
StartChapter 13 - Interviewing On Your Terms (6:34)
StartChapter 14 - What's Happening Near You (7:18)
StartChapter 15 - The Greatest Gift of All: Become Bi-Cultural (5:39)
StartHomework - 4- STEP Get Hired Formula (14:23)