This job search course is for ambitious and mature international students who want to secure great jobs or internships in the U.S. The International Advantage has helped hundreds of international students land jobs in companies such as Google, Microsoft, Tesla, Goldman Sachs, and several other high quality firms. I don't see a reason why I couldn't help you get hired as well. Let The International Advantage be your guide! Getting international students noticed and hired is what we do!
The goal for this live, highly interactive class is for you to confidently execute on job search strategies created by The International Advantage to get international students hired, no matter what field you're in. In this course you will learn data driven and tested job search strategies that were specially designed to tilt the balance in favor of international students who seek U.S jobs or internships.
This LIVE Get Hired International Advantage course will challenge you. It will force you to think in ways you never thought before. And while this course will focus on the biggest pain point for most internationals: how do find companies that sponsor in your field, the course will cover much more.
When you sign up for this LIVE program, I will enroll you in my International Advantage Get Hired VIDEO Course for free! A $59 value! There, you will have access to 15 videos on how to get hired as an international student.
There's more. I will be offering free email support for the participants during this program so that you can progress faster. I will be responding to emails once a day and answer your questions. Note that I charge $97/hour for email support, but you will be getting it for free throughout this program.
Registration is open until Sep. 14 at 11.59 PM or until 8 seats are filled, whichever comes first.
Here's What You're Getting:
Crucial information and skills on how to market yourself to U.S employers
When and How?
Our LIVE classes via zoom will meet twice a week, every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 P.M Eastern Time starting on September 15th. I will be doing a presentation in the first 20 minutes of each class, and we will use the remaining 25 minutes of each class to understand how the topic discussed fits your specific job search needs. By asking questions, discussing, and learning from each other's experiences we will be able to help each other out, and I will be able to provide each student with personalized job search feedback during each class. Zoom sessions will be recorded and uploaded to my Teachable school for you to replay or for those who can not make it to the LIVE meeting.
- September 15: WHY YOU? What do you offer that others don't?
- September 17: FiRMS THAT SPONSOR. Common and uncommon ways to identify firms in your field that are open to international students
- September 22: CONTACTS INSIDE FIRMS THAT SPONSOR. How do identify, connect, and secure a conversation
- September 24: DRIVING THE CONVERSATION TO SECURE JOB RECOMMENDATIONS. The science of getting recommended
- September 29: IMMIGRATION AND OPT/H-1B MATTERS. Session with immigration attorney. (Normally you'd pay around $100 for a consultation with an immigration attorney. This will be free for you)
- October 1: OPEN TOPIC DEPENDING ON STUDENTS NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- October 6: BOOK YOUR INDIVIDUAL 30 MIN. JOB SEARCH CONSULTATION WITH MARCELO (This is free to you as well. Booking a private one-on-one consultation with me is expensive)
If you're serious about securing a great job or internship in the United States as an international student, rest assured that The International Advantage program is ready to help! You're in good hands: we've been doing this for awhile!
Founder, The International Advantage
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S via OPT and H-1B.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros work has been featured by several renowned publications and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities. Top universities in the U.S such as Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Brown, Georgetown, for example, all hire The International Advantage to give their international students the extra edge they need to get noticed and hired in a tough job market that is mostly anti international student. Connect with Barros via LinkedIn to learn more about his work and future projects.
Outcomes of this LIVE International Advantage Get Hired course include:
- You will gain a clear understanding of your competitiveness as a job seeker as we get to know you and compare your qualifications with a database of over 12,000 international students who found jobs in the U.S
- You will create a strong list of employers to target, and that sponsor, in your field of interest. You will have close assistance and feedback from Marcelo Barros when generating your employer target list
- You will learn from other international students experiences, from their successes and their failures
- You will learn how to manage your conversations with U.S hiring managers and new networking contacts, so you always impress and become someone people like, respect, and want to recommend to jobs
- You will learn how to leverage the benefits of H-1B visa program now that President Trump is in power and it has gotten harder for international students to find U.S employment
- You will work LIVE with Marcelo Barros, Founder of The International Advantage. Imagine what an incredible experience that will be
Lucky me! My university, Texas Christian University, hires Marcelo to work one-on-one with international students. I'm at Microsoft now! Guess why?
- Vanessa Contreras, Solution Specialist, Microsoft
Frequently Asked Questions
Super honest, creative, and effective. Marcelo's know-how is a game changer for international students worried about sponsorship.
- Nell Hall, HR Talent Development, Pitney Bowes