This job search course is for career-driven international students FROM ANY MAJOR who want to secure jobs or internships in the U.S. The International Advantage has helped hundreds of international students overcome sponsorship challenges and land jobs in companies such as Google, Microsoft, Tesla, Goldman Sachs, and several other high-quality firms from a variety of fields. In fact, you will meet some of these successful students who took our class and got hired because they will be joining a couple of our live classes.
We are very serious about helping international students find great jobs in the U.S, and our work has been featured in the publications below. Google "The International Advantage" and learn about us.
While this LIVE course will certainly focus on the biggest pain point for most international students: how to find companies that sponsor in your field, the course will teach you much more.
For example, when you sign up for this LIVE class, I will automatically (for free) enroll you in my International Advantage Get Hired VIDEO Course for free! A $197 value! There, you will have access to 15 videos on how to get hired as an international student, and I will ask you to watch a few specific videos before our live classes.
There's more. I will be offering free email support for the 8 class participants during this program so that you can progress faster. I will be responding to emails once a day, and answer your questions. Note that I charge $97/hour for email support, but you will be getting this for free throughout the course.
Registration is open until Dec. 26th at 11.59 PM or until 8 seats are filled, whichever comes first.
Here's What You're Getting:
6 live sessions via Zoom. 45 minutes each, over a period of 2 weeks, with Marcelo Barros
15 min. individual, final job search assessment appointment with Marcelo Barros
Employment immigration session with immigration attorney Dobrina Ustun (This is key, and also saves you $$$ because private consultation with immigration attorneys are expensive)
I will be doing a short presentation in the first 15 minutes of each class, and we will use the remaining time to understand how the topic discussed for each class fits your specific job search needs. By asking questions, discussing, and learning from each other's experiences we will be able to help each other out, and I will be able to provide each student with personalized job search feedback during each class. Zoom sessions will be recorded and uploaded to my Teachable school for you to replay or for those who cannot make it to the LIVE class
WE ALWAYS MEET AT 8:00 P.M. EST FOR 45 MIN. VIA ZOOM
- Dec. 27th: WHY YOU? What do you offer that others don't?
- Dec. 28th: FIRMS THAT SPONSOR. Common and uncommon ways to identify firms in your field that are open to international students (MBAs will leverage database of company names from The International Advantage)
- Dec 29th: CONTACTS INSIDE FIRMS THAT SPONSOR. How do identify, connect, and secure conversations
- Dec 30th: SECURE JOB RECOMMENDATIONS. The science of getting recommended
- Jan 2nd: IMMIGRATION AND OPT/H-1B MATTERS. Session with employment immigration attorney Dobrina Ustun.
- Jan 3rd: BOOK YOUR INDIVIDUAL 15 MIN. FINAL JOB SEARCH CONSULTATION WITH MARCELO (This is free to you as well)
If you're serious about securing a great job or internship in the United States as an international student, rest assured The International Advantage is ready to help you get noticed and hired!
Founder, The International Advantage
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a renowned job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S via OPT and H-1B.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros innovative and results driven work has been featured by publications such as Forbes, Business Week, France National TV, The National Law Review, etc, and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities, and which served as the foundation for this video course.
Outcomes of this LIVE International Advantage Get Hired course include:
- You will gain a clear understanding of your competitiveness as a job seeker as we get to know you and compare your qualifications with a database of over 12,000 international students who found jobs in the U.S
- You will create a strong list of employers to target, and that sponsor, in your field of interest. You will have close assistance and feedback from Marcelo Barros when generating your employer target list
- You will learn from other international students experiences, from their successes and their failures
- You will learn how to manage your conversations with U.S. hiring managers and new networking contacts, so you always impress and become someone people like, respect, and want to recommend to jobs
- You will learn how to leverage the benefits of the H-1B visa program
- You will work LIVE with Marcelo Barros, Founder of The International Advantage. Imagine what an incredible experience that will be :)
Lucky me! My university, Texas Christian University, hires Marcelo to work one-on-one with international students. I'm at Microsoft now! Guess why?
- Vanessa Contreras, Solution Specialist, Microsoft
I took this live class from Marcelo as an MBA when I was job searching. Marcelo provides an organized approach to the unique job-search experience that only international students experience. Game changer!
- Vedika Jajodia, Program Manager at Amazon
I took this live class along with Vedika and 7 other international students. The live course encouraged me to keep up a good job search pace after I finished my MBA, giving me actionable tasks that helped me effectively get further down the recruiting process
- Fernando Pereira, Credit Risk Policy at Square
Frequently Asked Questions
Super honest, creative, and effective. Marcelo's know-how is a game changer for international students worried about sponsorship.
- Nell Hall, HR Talent Development, Pitney Bowes