Feeling stuck with your job search? Not making progress? Let me help you.
Are you serious about securing a great job in the U.S? We are serious about helping you secure an H-1B visa!
We have been getting an increased number of requests from international students wanting one-on-one assistance with their job search, so we have decided to give this program a try.
For a limited time (you have until Nov. 12th to sign up and take advantage of the 50% off discount) you can enroll in this program and to receive an H-1B job search consultation from us via video. Note that International Students enrolled at the department of universities that are International Advantage clients are not eligible to enroll. Email <[email protected]> to find out if you can enroll or not.
Relying on the strategies detailed in my book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! the one-hour H-1B job search consultation is program designed to help you craft a job search plan uniquely fitted for you, and that can get you hired. This personalized program is typically broken down into 3 parts and is open to all majors:
PART 1, ASSESS. Here we will work together to define where you are most competitive by using a specific job search framework I have created. After completing this part you will have total clarity on the edge you possess over your competition. You will complete Part 1 before our video call.
PART 2, EXECUTE. With a clearly defined personal assessment I’ll help you craft a job search plan that can lead to H-1B job offers. You will know what to do to be successful.
PART 3, CONNECT. Once I understand your profile and I will secure a conversation with someone in your field to evaluate your profile in a more targeted way. This will help you broaden your own network but mostly importantly, it will help you secure additional input about your true competitiveness as a candidate.
Yes, a one hour coaching assessment call goes by very quickly but you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about your specific job search needs and challenges.
Below are some of the typical questions we have addressed via our H-1B assessment coaching program:
- I have applied to 400 jobs and have only received 3 calls from recruiters. I'm graduating in a month. I need to use OPT. What do I do?
- I need an internship. I've tried everything and nothing. What's the best way for me to find an internship?
- All I get is "sorry, we don't sponsor". What can I change about my job search strategy in order to generate results?
- I need someone with experience in my field to evaluate my profile and give me an honest opinion about where I stand compared to my competition. Can I connect with professionals in my industry of choice to get an unbiased opinion?
- I'm unclear regarding where I am most marketable in the U.S and feel I lack focus. How can I maximize my chances of finding U.S employment given my background?
- I want to maximize my odds of being picked by the H1-B lottery. What can I do?
- I need to expand my list of potential target companies but have found it difficult to identify names of firms that sponsor. What can I do?
- I have a big interview coming up and want an outside perspective on how I come across, etc. Can I have a mock interview?
As part of Step 3, CONNECT, I will personally connect you with one professional in your field to review your profile and offer additional input on gaps and areas of competitive advantages. This will be a different kind of conversation than you ever had because I will teach out how to manage it differently. Job seekers who sign up for this new consultative program benefit from The International Advantage large network of over 6,000 contacts, many who are eager to help international students hired.
Too many international students end up returning home after graduation without ever giving themselves a TRUE chance to get hired. Don't be a victim of lack of planning and be smart about the type of help you seek in order to beat visa odds and get hired.
We look forward to working with international students who are proactive and career driven. We will leverage our expertise to put you on the best path possible for you to reach your goals, and secure a great H-1B job.
Marcelo Barros, Founder, The International Advantage
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 and J-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros innovative work has been featured by Forbes, Bloomberg, American Marketing Association, University World News, TheMuse, BusinessBecause, Vault and several other publications, and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities. Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, and Georgetown, for example, partner with Barros to give their international students an extra push to help them get noticed and hired. Connect with Barros via LinkedIn to learn more about his work and future projects.
"Private coaching with Marcelo is a plus for International Students"
- Xiaoyu (Sophia) Wang, former undergraduate in Economics International Student, William and Mary University
"Marcelo has a gift and talent for opening the door to networking. It was a pleasure to work with him"
- David J Quin, International undergraduate student from China, NYU Stern School of Business
"Grateful for Marcelo. He is a great teacher. Work with him if you can"
- Zihua (James) Liu, undergraduate international student from China, Stanford University
"With Marcelo's help, I connected with professionals from companies such as Goldman Sacks, Barclays Investment Bank and others"
- Tianyu Gu, former 1st year international MBA from China, Boston College
Consider signing up for the one-hour coaching program because:
1. You value our experience. In 2018 alone we have worked with over 6,000 international students, many who got great jobs in the U.S. We know the details of the profile of international students who are successful because we study them carefully.
2. You value our innovation. Our own job search frameworks tilt the balance in your favor of international students. We believe in precise and results driven coaching based on experience, data, and tough love.
3. You know universities trust us. More than 40 universities in the U.S including Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Georgetown, and Texas A&M, for example, partner with us to give their international students an extra push to get hired.
4. You have read our book. The International Advantage book continues to be widely used by universities and international students across the U.S. Check out the reviews on Amazon if you have not done so yet, read the book.
5. You know we are good at what we do. We have the expertise and experience to help you beat visa odds and achieve your job search goals. Forbes, Bloomberg and other publications consult with us. We won't let you make mistakes that could cost you the chance to secure a great job in the U.S.
We like to work with international students who are mature, driven, and proactive.