Dear International Student,
I am excited to announce that I have designed a special 2-hour H-1B job search private coaching program for Accounting and Finance international students.
Note that International Students enrolled at the department of universities that are International Advantage clients are not eligible to enroll. Email <email@example.com> to find out if you can enroll or not.
As graduation approaches and the need for a full-time job or an internship becomes more real, The International Advantage has been getting an increased number of requests from international students wanting one-on-one job search help, and many of these requests have been from Accounting and Finance international students. In order to help this particular group of students, we have decided to launch this pilot coaching program for a limited time.
This new programs has 2 parts:
PART 1, INTERNATIONAL ADVANTAGE WEBINAR - Relying on the strategies described in The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! this recorded webinar covers key job search concepts international job seekers must implement in order to secure U.S jobs, with a focus on the needs of finance and accounting students. This webinar recording will also teach you what you will need to do to prepare for Part 2 below, which is the 2nd part of this program. The webinar is one hour long.
PART 2, LIVE INDIVIDUAL H-1B ASSESSMENT - Nothing is more effective than individualized job search coaching. You will receive one-hour of results driven H-1B job search coaching - also based on The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! - focused on your specific job search goals and challenges. As part of Part 2, Xinxin Ye, CPA, CFE, who currently works as an Internal Auditor at Zebra Technologies, will join me and both of us will speak with you, analyze your specific job search needs and challenges, and recommend a plan for you to get hired. Xinxin is a former international student from China, she is very successful (H-1B winner) and she knows how to help accounting and finance international students get hired. Learn more about Xinxin by reviewing her LinkedIn profile below.
The individual H-1B student assessment (part 2) of this program is typically broken into 3 parts:
Part 2.1, ASSESS - Here we will work together to define where you are most competitive by using a specific job search framework I have created. After completing this part you will have total clarity on the edge you possess over your competition.
Part 2.2, CONNECT - Secure a conversation with someone in your field to evaluate your profile in a targeted way. This will help you broaden your own network but mostly importantly, it will help you secure additional input about your true competitiveness as a candidate.
Part 2.3, EXECUTE - With a clearly defined personal assessment and outside input we will help you craft your own customized job search plan that can better equip you to achieve your internship or full-time job search objectives.
A one hour coaching assessment call goes by very quickly but you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about your specific job search needs and challenges.
As part of Part 2.2, CONNECT, Marcelo will personally connect you with one professional in your field to review your profile and offer additional input on gaps and areas of competitive advantages. Job seekers who sign up for this new consultative program benefit from The International Advantage large network of over 6,000 contacts, many who are eager to see international students hired.
Don't be a victim of lack of planning, act with a sense of urgency, and be smart about the type of help you seek in order to beat visa odds and get hired.
I look forward to working with accounting and finance international students who are mature, proactive and career driven. Xinxin and I will leverage our expertise to put you on the best path possible for you to reach your goals.
Marcelo Barros, Founder, The International Advantage
Marcelo Barros is the founder of The International Advantage, a job search firm specialized in helping international students (F-1 and J-1 visa holders) secure jobs in the U.S.
Barros job search frameworks have helped international students secure H-1B jobs at firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and in smaller high quality firms as well.
Barros innovative work has been featured by Forbes, Bloomberg, American Marketing Association, University World News, TheMuse, BusinessBecause, Vault and several other publications, and he is also the author of the acclaimed book The International Advantage Get Noticed. Get Hired! used by several U.S universities. Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, and Georgetown, for example, partner with Barros to give their international students an extra push to help them get noticed and hired. Connect with Barros via LinkedIn to learn more about his work and future projects.
"Private coaching with Marcelo is a plus for International Students"
- Xiaoyu (Sophia) Wang, former undergraduate in Economics International Student, William and Mary University
"Marcelo has a gift and talent for opening the door to networking. It was a pleasure to work with him"
- David J Quin, International undergraduate student from China, NYU Stern School of Business
"Grateful for Marcelo. He is a great teacher. Work with him if you can"
- Zihua (James) Liu, undergraduate international student from China, Stanford University
"With Marcelo's help, I connected with professionals from companies such as Goldman Sacks, Barclays Investment Bank and others"
- Tianyu Gu, former 1st year international MBA from China, Boston College
Consider signing up for the one-hour coaching program because:
1. You value our experience. In 2018 alone we have worked with over 6,000 international students, many who got great jobs in the U.S, and many who returned home. We know the details of the profile of international students who are successful because we study them carefully.
2. You value our innovation. Our own job search frameworks tilt the balance in your favor of international students. We believe in precise and results driven coaching based on experience, data, and tough love, and we have plenty of experience working with Accounting and Finance students.
3. You know universities trust us. More than 40 universities in the U.S including Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Georgetown, and Texas A&M, for example, partner with us to give their international students an extra push to get hired.
4. You have read our book. The International Advantage book continues to be widely used by universities and international students across the U.S. Check out the reviews on Amazon if you have not done so yet, read the book.
5. You know we are good at what we do. We have the expertise and experience to help you beat visa odds and achieve your job search goals. We won't let you make mistakes that could cost you the chance to secure a great job in the U.S.
We like to work with international students who are mature, driven, and proactive.